If I got the feed, which would be unlikely, I would probably be somewhat averse to it. My parents, to begin with, would be strongly opposed to the idea, and would never get me one. No matter how "cool" it may seem to have the world in the palm of your hand, rarely anybody would use it for good. We would probably just buy stuff from the feed, as it is used by massive corporations to advertise their products, or they would use it to look up certain things, like checking social media, or chatting with friends. All in all, for me, it wouldn't really have a purpose. I like to read, and it's usually better, or my own personal preference to hold a book and read the small font, flip the thin pages, and feel the hard cover being supported by my hands. The only stories I read online are creepypastas, which are essentially scary stories that don't exist in a book form. A couple other things I would do with the feed would probably be is search for good books, watch anime off of it, and read manga. I wouldn't have much to do, since I don't really have any social media at all. I wouldn't really "resist" necessarily, if I had the feed, I just would rarely use it, and when I did, it wouldn't be for long amounts of time. I wouldn't need it constantly. Another aspect to consider would be the emotional control it has over me, since it's attached to that part of my brain. It could essentially make me want a product I don't actually need or want. Not only that, but from monitoring my emotions, they would advertise products, which is just creepy. When Titus likes or feels something, the feed always has an advertisement for him. Being controlled by corporations just doesn't sound like a pleasant life to me. As for the social aspect, well, I don't have much of a social life, so it wouldn't impact me to harshly like it would to some other people. Many people are the epitome of social creatures, whereas I, not so much. The more social people might actually enjoy the feed, if you think about it. You can chat with anyone, virtually anywhere. You can basically do anything you want on the feed, so being social would barely be a problem. However, it would destroy physical interactions between people, which would kind of be sad. In the part where Titus' and everyone else's feed gets dysfunctional, only their friend has her feed and she seems like the oddest one. She snickers and zones out, but in reality, she's using the feed. It really gives you insight on how odd some people might look while using the feed, because you're too concentrated on what's happening in the feed, not around you. Also, when people get the feed, they seem to lose individuality all together. They get lost in the newest trends, like Quendy when she gets all the lesions over her, because she thinks its attractive. Getting the feed would be a horrendous mistake, even if it made me feel insignificant to other people. I would rather remain my own person than give up my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment